Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tuesday - Yom Shilshul




(note, written on the day, but posted later, but I’m too lazy to change the tenses of this post, so it’s read as is).So maybe you’re wondering how I’ve had so much time to write all of these blog updates.  The water or something finally caught up to me.  I’ve been sick since 3 AM (almost called my Ima at that hour to whine, but woke Adam instead).  So we cancelled our trip to Tel Aviv and sadly cancelled our tour of the Palmach museum.  I’m sad, but it’s reason to already start planning another trip! J  So for now we’re just hanging in the room.  Adam went to the supermarket by himself and bought me crackers and vitamin water and bananas and soft toilet paper (you know Israel……) and I think after a few rounds of Pepto I may be on the mend.  But we’re both exhausted.  So we’ll see what happens next but for now we’re staying close to home.  Not so bad though if you’re calling Jerusalem home! J  This day has continued as above, not getting better yet.  Bought Israeli product called “Stop It” to see if that works and instead of Gatorade, they give you powder to shake in water. Gross.  The day has been mostly in the room, sleeping, taking a bath, etc, with Adam as my wonderful nurse.  I made it to Ben Yehuda for a few hours.  I bought Adam a custom-made leather belt and ate a lemon Artik (popsicle) while he had a felafel.  But besides that and a roll of bread, I’m just sitting here.  Not a fun way to spend a day of our trip.  I’m hoping tomorrow to be back to normal!  Adam just ran out for something to eat for him and then we’ll watch a movie.  Israeli television is boring – even though most of it is just old US television.  Watched Young and the Restless today – twice.  And Bold and the Beautiful but it was dubbed over in Italian! Crazy day.  Tomorrow and forever, we’re on to bottled water only!

No comments: